If you’re the same as many homeowners, you are looking for your property to be protected at all times. but, will a home security system work in Evansville?
The quick answer: affirmative. But you need to choose the best system to find the most from home security. Not only will the sensors and alarms provide wonderful security, the advanced components offer a level of responsiveness and management you might not have thought about previously. By adding automation, security cameras, and access through a smartphone app, you can create a secure smart home.
Let's stop for a second to see why a home security system is a good recommendation for your home.
Indispensable Security Features
So you can make sure your Evansville home security system works to its potential, you have to get these indispensable home security devices:
- Entryway sensors: You could find this weird, but most intruders come into your home right through the front door. The other two most common entry points are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are designated the base of your home security system. When the system is armed and your door or window sensors are triggered, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24-hour monitoring experts will be contacted.
- Touchscreen central hub: Don’t look for hard-to-work pin pads, as modern touchpads now run your system. These screens can also control your automation, security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- phone app: The biggest security system let you manage every aspect of your security system through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm trips, you can receive a pop-up notification to your mobile device. Also, activate your motion alarms remotely, program smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window cling, they will alert an aspirational burglar that your home is secure.
But Can A Security System Decrease Your Likelihood Of A Break-In?
While it may appear like an exaggeration to get sensors installed and download a security app when you already have deadbolts and chose a secure area, the studies support the notion that an alarm system can still secure your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University says that many intruders will actively stay away from properties with a security system installed. They will then opt to hit a better mark that looks unprotected.
That backs up with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses don’t have a home security. In other words, they are 300% more likely to be vandalized than homes that are protected. And while showing that your property have an alarm helps prevent break-ins, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help repel thieves.
Of course, state-of-the-art home security can do more than buzz an alarm. Now you can use some advanced services that make a home security system safe and secure.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a home security system work in Evansville when they don’t have 24-hour monitoring? Using a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24/7 monitoring from trained experts can ensure the authorities come faster after a triggered device.
Monitoring professionals will watch your alarms all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear the siren, the monitoring agents notify you and the emergency agency after a triggered alarm event. Even when you’re still at home, you can make sure family members and furry companions are safe and accounted for.
Get Similar Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical Emergencies
When you order your home security system, you can choose to get much more than security alarms. devices like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be integrated into your overall home defense. If an environmental emergency is detected, your devices will act just like your door and window alarms. Then when the high-decibel signal rings, your 24-hour monitoring experts are contacted, and an alert will come to your smartphone.
Or try a panic button, which can be easily pinned to you or a loved one with a neck pendant, bracelet, or a clothing clip. If someone you live with is a fall incident or a medical risk, they can hit a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Find Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Modern home automation devices can bring you a tier of control and convenience you’ve never got before. They will make your home more energy-efficient and intelligent. And when you link smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your home that much safer. For instance:
- Put your smart lights on a set schedule to make it seem that your home is occupied when you’re gone.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs turn on as a outdoor camera senses suspicious motion.
- Use geofencing to lock your locks, flip off your lights, and lower the smart thermostat when you leave the house.
- Make personalized scenes that can pre-program your lighting levels, temperature, sensors, and other devices with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your devices and set your components through your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve through home automation, and you’ll quickly realize how much you will want a state-of-the-art home security in Evansville. You can even control your components with your voice when you pair your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Maintain An Eye On Your House With Wireless Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and proper lighting are great burglary disincentives, but smart cameras will take your security to a better place. The worst thing a thief is looking for is to be taped on camera as the 30-second clip might be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, all which allow you to see live feeds 24/7.
Do you need to check out the commotion you heard in the yard? Would you like to check on the kids when they get home from school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need to do is to open the live feed from your ADT Control app. You may also get texts on your mobile device whenever a visitor rings the doorbell or they sees unusual motion. You can then talk with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security In Evansville?
Want help to create a home security system that works in Evansville? Our ADT professionals can help you choose the best alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one comprehensive package. Call right now at (812) 200-5693 or send in the form below.