Today's residential security options are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to complete simple security tasks like turning on your a home security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these things again? When you implement geofencing in Evansville, you can just leave the driveway and have your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Evansville For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you can arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to communicate with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and assign particular actions if you cross the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the technologies you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Evansville. With the security app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. Just tap your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan when the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera detects strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks bolt when the day is done. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Evansville
Whether you desire added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (812) 200-5693 or complete the following form to get started on your perfect security system.