Home security cameras can simply be installed as a deterrent—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, modern security cameras are armed with a number of additions all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these features help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Evansville.
How To Set Up Your Evansville Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your security cameras at the optimal locations around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart move to have a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear view of your porch, front walk, and yards, shed, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that aren’t quite as imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, setting a camera in the vicinity could hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Component layout is only the first step in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in Evansville. The features described below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your phone anytime strange movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with people with the unit. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have at least 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant alerts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Evansville is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (812) 200-5693 or fill out the form below to start customizing your security system today.