You might remember when home security components were restricted to where you could run wires in your home. Forget putting a security camera on a countertop or managing your implements with a cell phone. However, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless systems. You now have an array of added perks at your disposal -- like system access from anywhere, seamless smart devices, and simpler installations. Wireless home security systems in Evansville will defend your home while making your life easier.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems need a stable connection to the internet to perform correctly. If you have high-performance internet and a capable wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless setup.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring team indefinitely.
If you make your home in a more rural area without stable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will likely be a wiser option. Or It could also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to opt for the traditional route if you live in a residence that has security wiring already in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Evansville will boost your property’s protection, which is the main goal in the first place. But, if you prefer the idea of using the latest technology, review these benefits of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the components in your residence from your locks to your surveillance cameras directly from your smartphone using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to check footage from cameras, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you neglected to do so. If an intrusion or emergency takes place, you are able to have notifications sent right to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and lengthy installs. The great thing about wireless components is that you may install them virtually wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you wish to customize at a later time with the latest equipment, incorporating devices into your configuration is simple.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a reality with fast, two-way communications. You may direct your devices to take action in certain situations to enhance your security and dissuade intrusions. For instance, if your outside camera discerns suspicious movement along your home’s perimeter, it may automatically direct your inside lights to illuminate.
Downsides Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Evansville
Even though wireless home security systems in Evansville have shown to be dependable, it’s reasonable if you have some hesitations about installing one. Here are some of the most frequent areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless components could fail when the battery dies. While this might be true, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually need to be arranged within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your versatility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of hacking exists. You can take action to greatly reduce the risk by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always changing default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only employ security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Evansville wireless home security? Call (812) 200-5693 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the perfect package for your residence.