When you own a home, one of the biggest perils to your house and family is the risk of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration estimated in 2019 that American homeowners underwent about $1.6 billion in damages as the result of accidental or negligent fires. Sadly, fires are unexpected and are frequently preventable -- if you know where to start. And, fortunately, you are ready with a monitored fire alarm that sends you emergency responders ASAP if you undergo an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Evansville?
Fires can spark in any spot at any time on the premises. However, you may reduce the threat of a blaze if you take countermeasures around the following items:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is the leading cause, by a huge margin, of a house fire in Evansville. Cooking-related flames typically begin when the kitchen goes neglected while making the meal. Water thrown on a grease fire will escalate a flame that would on the other hand die out.
- Candles: Passing out in an area with a lit candle is risky, even when you use a high-sided candle holder. The flame is more than capable of catching a curtain on fire if left near a window, and animals can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association projects that greater than 7,600 properties were damaged because of candle-related fires between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Corroded electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, aging or improperly set up lighting, and frayed lamp cords are all prone to sparks. Don't overload your outlets or plug any object in with uncovered wires. And if you hear popping or detect smoke from the outlet, power down the breaker off prior to your investigation.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because waste, like dust bunnies, paper, or blankets can end up in and spark up. However, you should also check on fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of usage.
- Cigarettes: Just in 2014, U.S. fire departments came to more than 17,000 residence fires triggered by smoking paraphernalia. If you enjoy tobacco that smokes indoors, be certain they never pass out with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully snuff out your cigarette before you throw it into a garbage can.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Does Can Helps When It Senses A Fire
If a fire happens to spark, you definitely want to have an effective discovery system to notify your spouse and children as soon as possible. An ordinary smoke alarm is adequate but is limited to alerting you if smoke is abundant. A cutting-edge fire alarm -- a piece of equipment that's connected to your home security system -- is able to discover both smoke and rising temperatures and has more features to make sure everyone’s safety.
A monitored fire alarm has many means it can alert you of rising heat. Your alarms can alert your loved ones with an ear-piercing tone and an alert to your smartphone. That’s when your always-on monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And should you be somewhere in which you aren’t able to race home when a fire starts, you can rest assured that your monitoring agent can help coordinate contact between you and the fire department.
Utilize Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The chance of house fires in Evansville should never be underestimated, but you can rest assured if you install a monitored fire alarm in your home. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you install all the safety alarms you need with a state-of-the-art home security system. Call (812) 200-5693 or fill out the form below to begin.